Last Updated: 16 November 2018
For purposes of the EU Data Protection Directive and the Data Protection Act 2018 (as updated or amended from time to time) and similar laws, the data controller is Schofield Online HR Solutions
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Personal Information You Give Us. You may give us your Personal Information directly, for example, when you complete the registration form to create a profile on the site, correspond with us (for example, by e-mail or chat), use the site to provide information about employees enter a or survey, or report a problem with the site. The Personal Information you give us directly may include your:
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Phone number of your mobile device
- Job title
- Details about your business to include financial information
- Details of your employees
- Username and password
- Credit card or other financial information
- Information We Collect Automatically From Your Device. Each time you log onto the site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Device Information. We may collect information from or through the device you use to connect to the site. This includes, for example, technical information such as the type of mobile device you use, your IP address, your approximate location derived from an IP address, your mobile network information, your mobile operating system type and version, the type and version of mobile browser you use, and your time zone setting.
- Web beacons. The site or the emails that you receive from us may use an application known as a “web beacon” (also known as a “clear gif” or “pixel tag”). A web beacon is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include Personal Information. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a User has opened a particular email.
- Precise Location. We may collect precise location from your device through GPS or other technology, such as using cell phone or WiFi signals. We use this information to improve the site. Through the settings on your mobile device or prior to you registering on our site, we will ask for your prior consent to the collection, use, and sharing of your precise location for these purposes. You can withdraw your consent to our future collection of such information at any time by disabling the precise location features in the settings on your mobile device.
- Third-Party Information We Receive from Other Sources. We work with third parties (including, for example, providers in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers, and we may receive information about you from them. This may include, for example,
How We Use Information about You
We use the information that we collect for a variety of purposes. For example, if we have Personal Information about you, we may use it:
- To Provide Our Services to You and Improve the Site. We use Personal Information to provide our services to you through the site, to process and complete payments or transactions from you. We may also use Personal Information to improve the site.
- To Contact You. If you have consented to accept and receive e-mail communications and text messages from us, we or our third-party service providers may use your Personal Information to send e-mail communications or text messages to you. Our email communications and text messages may include, but are not limited to: notifications about the site and services (including important news that could affect your relationship with us), alerts about updates and communications about our new and existing features.
- For Marketing and Advertising Purposes. Subject to applicable law, we may use your Personal information to deliver marketing communications to you and provide you with information about products, services or offers that we think may be of interest to you. We may also use and share Personal Information and Other Information for advertising purposes as described in the “Analytics and Online Interest-Based Advertising” section below.
- We will seek your consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your Personal Information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You also have the right to ask us to stop using your Personal Information for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to continue to receive marketing e-mail communications or text messages from us, please click on the “Unsubscribe” link contained in each marketing e-mail communication or text message that you receive.
- For Legal Purposes. We may use and share Personal Information for legal purposes, including as described below in the section on “How We Share Information with Third Parties.”
If we have Other Information about you, we may use it:
- To Manage Our Business. We use Other Information to help us efficiently operate the site, to count and recognize visitors to the site, to enable certain features on the site, and for other purposes related to managing our business;
- For Analytics and to Improve the Site. We use Other Information to analyse how visitors use the site and its features, to improve the site and enhance Users’ experiences, to create new products and services or improve our existing services, and to enable additional analytics and research concerning the site.
- For Other Purposes. As permitted by applicable law, we may use Other Information for additional purposes in connection with the site, including any purpose for which may use Personal Information, as described above.
Where We store your Information
Our Security Precautions
We use commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. Unfortunately, no security program can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Your profile on our site is password-protected. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. We will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any personal account information, including your password. If you share a computer, you should sign out of your account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect your information from disclosure to third parties.
Access and Editing Your Information
We provide you with the ability to access and edit your Personal Information. To update your Personal Information, click ‘Settings’ in the menu tab in either the mobile application or on our website. There you can view, update, and correct your account information. Our databases automatically update any Personal Information you edit in your profile, or that you request we edit.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
Third-Party Links and Websites